Thursday, June 10, 2010

Yeah, I watch movies for a living...

Well it's been a while. I can't believe its been almost a week since I've last posted. Even though I don't know if I have any particularly exciting stories to tell. Hmmm lets see...

Oh, Tuesday. Okay so Tuesday I went to Lionsgate for only the second time, although I'm starting to feel like I've been there longer. I got there at 9:30 like I was told, unfortunately, my boss went into a meeting before then and didn't leave me anything to do, so I got to read Fahrenheit 451 for about an hour and a half. Anyways, after he came back, I was told to watch some webisodes and one movie and then summarize them for him. Since I didn't yet have a computer to watch them on, I was brought to this locked room in the office. So, one might think that this "viewing room" would be all nicely decked out or at least very office like - on the contrary. This little room had a large flatscreen with every sort of device on which to play a movie or video game. It had boxes stacked up in the corners, guitar hero (or rock band, whichever, i don't know video games) and the most interesting piece of furniture - a fuzzy leopard print fouton (or as my boss called it "a casting couch"). It was just odd that in the deep recesses of Lionsgate is room fit for a college dorm.

Not much happened at the Casting Agency on wednesday. I did some random work around the office and got to know some of the girls a little better. They are all very nice, but for some reason it is just taking me longer to get out of my shell.

Thursday was pretty great at Lionsgate, actually. I had a slight repeat of Tuesday (meaning my boss came in like a half hour + after I got there), but once he did arrive, he gave me an awesome task. He wanted me to rent movie on YouTube (you can do that!) and then report on the process and quality (since Lionsgate is one of the first Studios to participate in this rental thing). So basically, I got to watch The September Issue at work, write a summary and leave by 1. It was awesome. OH! Also, I was not only given my own computer/cubicle, but I officially have a Lionsgate email address!! Its so crazy! I feel so official.

Friday I had the day off and I just sort of hung around the house, nothing spectacular. Babysat for my cousins that night. Wow I sure know how to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment