Monday, June 14, 2010

Boba Boba BOBA!

This weekend was a great one, actually filled with more stuff than the other weekends. First, on Saturday I went to brunch with D and Sarah at this place called the Saddle Ranch. The building was modeled after an old saloon (complete with fake hookers in the fake balconies) with a mechanical bull in the center. The craziest thing about this place is not the atmosphere, but the plates. I ordered a breakfast burrito that came out on a plate that had to be at least a 2 foot long wooden platter. The burrito itself was about the width of my calf. Crazy.

That night I went to a movie with Sarah in this little theatre in Culver city. We decided to see Letters to Juliet since we didn't have a very extensive selection. Needless to say it was bad. Like it could have at least been a cute cheesy movie, but instead it had really awkward diologue (like a touching moment where the grandmother starts brushing Amanda Seyfried's hair and just says something like "one of the greatest pleasures is getting your hair brushed". That's it. No words of wisdom, no touchingly cheesy line, just that. It could have been such a guilty pleasure, but instead I just feel guilty for spending my money.

Sunday I went to the Grove where I got Korean BBQ and a bubble tea. This is a problem. I think I'm becoming addicted to Boba, and it doesn't help that there is a Boba Time 5 minutes from my house. PLUS it is only $2. I want one right now. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment