Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flipper! Flipper! Faster than lightning!

So yesterday at Lionsgate was actually great - one of the best days I've had there thus far just because I was constantly busy, which I enjoy. My boss didn't actually show up today... He was at a meeting somewhere and he gets so busy that he forgot to leave me things to do. At first, I thought I would be able to go home, but then the other people in our little section gave me projects. One girl, Sivan, who is 24 and super sweet, had me scan business cards that her boss (who does marketing) has received and send them to her. The card scanner thing I got set up scans the card and then can take most of the info off of it and make it a contact in your mail, except that sometimes its didn't read it correctly. It was sort of tedious work, but it kept be busy, which was FAB. After that, this guy, Bruce, wanted me to watch The Cove, an Oscar winning documentary about the dolphin slaughter in Taiji, Japan. He wanted me to watch it and then pick out 1-5 minutes clips to possibly upload to YouTube. At first we couldn't find where the DVD was, so he had me look through some drawers in the office. The draws looked more like the $5 bin at Walmart, complete with Barney movies, Fraggle Rock DVDs and so-so comedy and horror DVDs. It was very odd. Anyways we found the movie and it is so wonderful, I highly recommend it to ALL of you.

So yeah, that was a great day, just because I was incredibly busy. I actually find it funny that the most work I did at Lionsgate, I did the day my boss wasn't there... Actually, as I was in the elevator leaving Lionsgate, some younger blonde guy turns to me and says "You're Hillary, right? The new intern for the department?" I have never seen this guy before, but I guess everyone in the department knows who I am now. Haha. I guess news travels fast.

Right now, I am at the casting agency and there is not much going on, although more than last time. I got to sort some mail which was kept me busy for all of 30 minutes, if that. Now I want to do more busy work. I hope I hope I hope.

If anything eventful happens, I will write again. Oh and just as a side note - my cousin is graduating from Preschool today. I feel so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment