Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First Day, Casting Agency

Today was my first day of work in California EVER. Woah. I could not believe this came so fast. Not only that, but the fact that it actually came through and I am truly doing it. So, I am actually at the agency now, having already organized tapes and having nothing else to do. I feel sort of guilty just sitting here doing nothing - I want to be busy and like being busy. Right now, I just feel like an obstruction. But I guess its not my fault. So walking in today was incredibly nerve wracking, starting with the fact that I could not figure out what to wear and got a late start, so I was stressing the whole ride here (which took me a little under 45 minutes). Not only and I very overdressed, but I sort of feel like a Grandma, with my black dress pants that I found in my closet (probably either thrift or my mother's from the '90s). I just want my skinny jeeeeeaaaannnssss! Oh anyways.

So even though I've only been here a little over an hour, seeing some of the actors come in for auditions or just hearing what goes on to cast a movie totally makes me not want to really pursue any sort of acting. With the incredible physical demands and the competition, it just doesn't seem like its for me. Although it is interesting hearing them talk about certain celebrities that they've worked with, since that whole world is so foreign to me. Well anyways, I don't know what else to say now, since I only have an hour + of "work" under my belt. More on the life of this new-found Cali working girl later, if there is anything eventful....

No comments:

Post a Comment