Friday, June 4, 2010

First Day, Big Studio, Lots of....Poop?

Today was my first day working for Lionsgate and I was NERVOUS! Like woah nervous. Like I haven't been that nervous in years. So instead of showing up at the office like I normally would have done, my new boss thought it would be a good idea for me to sit in on this meeting. Well this wasn't just any meeting; this was a meeting at this swanky hotel with the ENTIRE Home Entertainment Division of Lionsgate, being led by the COO. So here I am, this little inexperienced intern that really has no familiarity with much digital media sitting in a room full of many high powered people at Lionsgate hoping I don't do anything embarrassing. I was so irrationally nervous that my phone would go off (even though I was 99% sure I had turned it off), or I would somehow fall out of my chair, or I would yawn and be rude or whatever. Needless to say I was scuuurrrrrreeedddd. So anyways, the meeting ends and I go back to the offices with my boss' new assistant (new as in it was her 3rd day on the job), who originally came out to LA to be an actress, which didn't work out (further making me realize that I could never cut it as an actress out here or maybe anywhere), and just watched material all day. I watch one sample Anime movie which was TOTALLY not my thing (although Amy, if you're reading this, I think you would really enjoy) and then watched some YouTube clips from YouTube stations such as Mondo Media, The Station, and Lisa Nova (check them out). So that was my day. Oh and plus I was able to use my boss' office which was SWEET since he is like a BIG WIG at the company. How often do you get to sit at a president's desk as an intern? Not often, I'm sure.

So I realized that Thursday was, as odd as this sounds, a shitty day. Not in the sense that is was bad, but literally had lots of poop in it. Poop you say? How foul, Hillary. Disgusting. And, yes. It is, but let me explain because it is quite odd (I think). Okay first, the Anime movie I watched revolved around a world that revolved around people pooping (seriously, I'm not kidding). Second, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into my house after my stressful day and realized it stunk. At first I thought the dog who had been sitting in the doorway had just farted really badly when I realized that she had not farted, but pooped all over the living room floor, smelling up that entire section of the house. Poor thing was obviously embarrassed but still, it was gross. Third, my 6 year old cousin almost pooped her pants stuck in traffic on the way home from swim class where; fourth, 5 minutes into their swim lesson, a kid pooped in the pool canceling all the lessons for the day. Lots of poop. Poop filled day hence shitty day.

I apologize if this last paragraph offended anyone but, I'm just telling it like it is (or was). I'm not normally such a shitty writer. HA. Get it? Shit... poop... okay moving on.

So yes, that was my first day working at Lionsgate, where I still have a hard time believing I got an internship at.

Also, I've decided I need a hobby. I don't know what to do in my free time, and my life isn't interesting enough to blog about all the time. Maybe I will pick up a craft. Then I can write all about my trials and tribulations of like, basket weaving, or finger knitting, something like that. Wouldn't that be exciting? Just another exciting day in the life of Hollywood Hillary...

No comments:

Post a Comment