Monday, July 5, 2010

What a weekend.

Actually, what a week! Wow, I feel like sooo much has happened and its only been like 5 days. Let me start with Wednesday.

Wednesday was a very odd yet great day. So I am driving into work at casting when one of the girls that I work for gives me a call. She basically told me that there is absolutely nothing going on there, and only a few people are in the office. She told me to take the morning off (it was like 10:35am) and come back at 2, after lunch. Not knowing what I should do with my morning, and not wanting to turn around and go all the way back home, I decided to park right near work where I normally do and then take a nice long walk all the way down Hollywood Blvd to the tourist areas. I ended up at Hollywood and Highland, which for those of you that that doesn't sound familliar, it is where Grauman's Chinese theatre is and the main section of the walk of fame. I became a tourist for the morning, walking around the hotspots and taking some pictures, although I felt very odd taking pictures of things by myself. It was really funny seeing all the obvious tourists around there, like taking pictures of EVERYTHING and going into the Wax museum and things like that. Although I do have to say that I almost went into Madam Tussaud's, but figured I could not do that seriously on my own. I would have to be with someone, because I didn't really have any desire to see wax celebrities by myself. So anyways I walked around, giggled at the tourists, shopped, ate, and returned to work around 2. They then had me run an errand out near Studio City, which was actually nice because it was beautiful out and I had my windows rolled down listening to my music. When I got back, I got to sit at the big desks (since there were only like 4 people in the office) and just answer phones and mail some things etc. I finally felt like I was really getting the hang of working there. It was also nice that I was mostly busy once I got back because the time just flew by.

After I got out of work, I met up with my new friend Jacquie (that makes, what 2, 3 friends?) and we went to the Pantages Theatre (which is right around the corner from my work) and saw In The Heights for $25! We had pretty good seats too, row J, right side, Mezz, but the mezzanine was nice and steep so you could see pretty much wherever you were sitting. It was such a great show and, for those of you who care, the lead guy was the original one from Broadway, Lin Manuel Miranda, who also wrote the show. So being able to see him for $25 was pretty cool.

Thursday was nothing special. Moving on.

Friday I don't work, so I woke up, and I can't remember what I did after that... Later that day though, I decided to go to one of the Asian grocery stores I had found online in hopes of finding Boba, so I can make my own, healthier version of Boba tea. I went to this market that both my cousin Stacey and my neighbor Carol suggested to me called Mitsuwa. It was so cool. You walk in and there was a video store section, a book store section, and food court and then the actual supermarket area. I didn't have any luck finding Boba (although I did find milk tea mix) but I did get some real Japanese green tea. They also had fresh sashimi, which got my mouth watering. Instead of getting that, though, I found a spicy tuna rice bowl, although not necessarily as good as the ones I get at school. After I came home I went to the gym and swam some laps (which was lovely) and then had dinner. Later that night I went to Ross and Target with my cousin to get some presents for my little cousin's birthday the next day. It was a much needed outing, to say the least. I had been harboring so many issues with my cousin for the past couple weeks and so we finally talked about it all and worked everything out.

Saturday I met D and The Grove. We ate at the farmer's market (I had beef Shawarma, yumm) and I brought D cupcakes as an early birthday surprise. Then we went to go see Eclipse, because we had to haha. After, I went to Loehman's en route to try and find a Borders. I went to go try on some clothes and got really, REALLY confused by the dressing room. When you walk in it is like this communal dressing room with a couple women walking around in their bras and underwear. I was so confused (and so tired at that point) that I was thinking "I do not want a communal dressing room" then I found the real ones. After, I went home and fell asleep. At 5pm. I woke up ate dinner, watched tv, met my cousin's drunk party friends and went to sleep.

Sunday, I went to a party at my cousin's friend's BEAUTIFUL house. It felt like an upscale cape house, pool and all. It was very chill and relaxing and the food was delicious (they had deviled eggs with caviar on top. I felt so classy!). The only really exciting part of the evening was the guy there that looked like Jay Gatsby. His shoes, his suspenders, his shirt, his hair, his glasses, everything. If only the lighting had been better so I could have gotten a picture of him. He was pretty cool too, shy and kinda awkward but cool. Too bad he was only 17...

Anyways the fireworks were okay, not great. Not like the crazy ones from Spring weekend! We ended up going home around 10, which was kinda a let down, and I stayed up talking to my drunk cousin for 2 hours. I mean, pretty solid 4th of July, but not much to write home about.

Monday was relaxing. I cleaned, I painted my cousins nails, and I took a nice bikeride to the store. I made the most delicious pasta-salady thing for dinner which was great until the tupperware holding it all fell out of the fridge and spilled. That was a bummer to say the least.

And voila! My week/weekend. Sorry it took so long to post. I thought I was on top of this but I guess I'm not... More soon I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment